Healthy ecosystems and environments are necessary to the survival of humans and other organisms. Ways of reducing negative human impact are environmentally-friendly chemical engineering, environmental resources management and environmental protection. Information is gained from green chemistry, earth science, environmental science and conservation biology. Ecological economics studies the fields of academic research that aim to address human economies and natural ecosystems.
- Sustainability is a responsibility of all the businesses today, no matter their size or place in the marketplace. Increasingly, businesses are finding that embracing sustainable practices leads to better corporate culture, more reliable products and greater long-term profitability
- Environmental responsibility is more than creating an eco-friendly product or initiative. It’s about incorporating sustainability into everything we do, while using our technology and expertise to innovate on behalf of our customers, our communities and the planet
- Organizations are committed to putting technology and expertise to work where it can do the most good for people and the planet
- Embracing environmentally sustainable business practices can have several significant benefits. Sustainable businesses are often the most innovative because they are constantly reviewing processes to find new solutions.
- Strong sustainability efforts often lead to increased innovation
- Develop a vision for how it connects with strategy and performance